A healthy alfredo dish?! Almost too good to be true!
- 1 cup (5.26 oz) fresh red bell pepper (diced)(2 greens)
- 1 cup (2.46 oz) fresh white mushrooms (diced) – (2 greens)
- ½ cup diced onion – (8 condiments)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (diced) – (1/2 condiment)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – (6 healthy fats)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 5 cups (17.6 oz) raw cauliflower florets (10 greens)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (2 condiments)
- 5 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed) – (5 condiments)
- 2 tablespoons large flake nutritional yeast – (6 condiments)
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt – (1 condiment)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (1/2 condiment)
FOR THE SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- 5 cups (27.3 oz) cooked spaghetti squash (10 greens)
- 2 teaspoons organic extra virgin olive oil (2 healthy fats)
FOR THE SPAGHETTI SQUASH PASTA
- Prepare spaghetti squash by cutting the spaghetti squash in half.
- Scrape out all the seeds from the inside.
- Rub olive oil on the inside of the spaghetti squash.
- Bake face down at 350 degrees for approximately 45 – 50 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape the inside of the squash out to use as “pasta.”
FOR THE SAUCE
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and boil in a large pot for about 15 minutes or until tender, and then strain.
- Put the cauliflower, milk, nutritional yeast, pink Himalayan salt, cayenne pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
FOR THE VEGETABLES
- Dice the red bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- In a saucepan, saute the red bell peppers, onions and mushrooms until they are tender.
- Combine the sauteed vegetables, spaghetti squash pasta and cauliflower alfredo sauce.
- Toss with fresh chopped basil right before serving.
YIELDS: 8 Servings
PER SERVING: 3 green, ~3 condiments, and 1 healthy fat