Really looking forward to trying some new recipes & this meatball lasagna looks delicious!
- 12 Market Pantry (Target Brand) turkey meatballs
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) 2% Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups (12.68 oz) (cooked weight) yellow squash or zucchini or spaghetti squash (10.92 oz cooked for spaghetti squash)
- 1 cup (8.46 oz) canned Italian diced tomatoes (less than 5 g of carbs per 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried ground basil
- 6 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer zucchini or squash slices along the bottom of a medium sized casserole dish.
- Spread ricotta cheese over the squash.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and basil over the ricotta cheese and squash slices.
- Combine diced tomatoes with meatball pieces in a small bowl. Pour over ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over meatballs and then top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- There will be some water or liquid from the squash or ricotta. This is normal. I just drain it from the casserole dish by tipping the dish slightly to the side while making sure the lasagna doesn’t pour out as well.
YIELDS: 2 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 2 Condiments, No Healthy fat required