This looks delicious and nourishing!
- 2 ¾ pounds halibut filets or steaks, 1 per person
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp. lime zest (from 2 limes)
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T very finely chopped fresh cilantro (or more, I used about 1/4 cup)
- Saute garlic in a small amount of olive oil for two minutes.
- Add chicken stock and lime zest and simmer about ten minutes, until stock is slightly reduced.
- Stir in lime juice and olive oil and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and cook 1 minute more.
- Brush fish on both sides with sauce and let marinate 15 minutes while you pre-heat gas or charcoal grill to high heat. (For fish, I spray my grill with nonstick spray before I start heating it.)
- Grill fish until firm, but not hard, to the touch, about 5 minutes per side.
- To get nice grill marks, lay fish on a diagonal to grill slats, then rotate after about 3 minutes cooking time on the first side.
- Serve fish hot with additional sauce spooned over each piece of fish.
YIELDS: 6 servings
PER SERVING: 1 Leaner protein, 2 condiments, 1 fat