A healthy Cinco De Mayo option.
- One head of cauliflower but you will only use 1 cup cooked and grated (2 Greens)
- 6 tbsp egg beaters (subtract 1 once of lean from your whatever lean you use or 1/8 Lean)
- 2 tsp low sodium taco seasoning (3 Condiments)
- 4 oz lean 93% ground beef, cooked (7/8 Lean)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce (1/2 Green)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato (1/2 Green)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture.
- Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through or move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
- Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a sieve, on a bowl. Make sure to drain as much excess water as possible. There is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower.** Measure out 1 cup of cooked cauliflower.
- Mix the drained cauliflower and egg beaters until smooth.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet into two circles at about 1/4” thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes (I baked for another 10 minutes). This is important to dry out the tortilla.
- Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy.
- Make meat by browning the ground beef. Drain excess fat. Measure out 4 oz using a food scale. Reserve the rest for later use.
- Add 2 tsp of taco seasoning with about 2 tbsp of water. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve on cauliflower shells and top with lettuce and tomatoes.
YIELDS: 1 Serving
PER SERVING: 1 Lean, 3 Greens and 3 Condiments (No healthy Fats needed)